1999 J Boats 32' (9.75 m) J-99
Barrington, Rhode Island, United States
The J/99 (32.6') does it all - combining great sailing performance and stability with below-decks comfort in a boat that can be sailed by just one or two people. The deck layout and sail plan are optimized for easy handling, while the roomy cockpit accommodates 8+ for fun daysailing.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: JBC99078D121
Hull & Deck
• End grained balsa/foam composite construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass with ISO NPG gelcoat and vinylester resin on the outer hull layer to prevent osmotic gelcoat blisters.
• “SCRIMP” resin infusion molding process for optimum laminate strength and light weight with 65% glass content in structural skins.
• Structural engineering and construction to exceed ISO 12215 requirements for Cat A.
• White gelcoat hull finish.
• All bulkheads are laminated or bonded to both the hull and deck.
• Main bulkhead is substantially built with composite sandwich construction & materials.
• Resin infused high-strength structural grid is at the heart of the J/99 structural layout and directly accepts all primary keel and mast base loads while connecting together and providing stiffness for the hull, deck and primary bulkheads.
• Low VCG (vertical center of gravity), high aspect ratio standard keel built with an encapsulated cast iron fin and integral lead wedge shoe and then thru-bolted and bonded to the hull with substantial backing plates. Option for all lead deep fin keel.
• Molded non-skid surfaces on the horizontal deck surfaces.
• Molded toe rails on the foredeck and outboard of primary winches.
• High-aspect, balanced spade rudder constructed from biaxial and unidirectional glass, stainless steel stock mounted in JP3 self-aligning bearings.
• Cockpit layout design optimized for short-handed sailing.
Engine & Electrical
• VOLVO D1-20 diesel engine with freshwater cooling, sail drive, folding propeller.
• 115 amp standard engine alternator.
• Keyless Volvo engine panel in cockpit.
• 50L (13 gal.) diesel fuel tank located under port settee.
• Hi/low engine room ventilation fan.
• 100 amp AGM house battery. Option for 2nd house battery of same size.
• 70 amp AGM engine start battery with switches and double diode/circuit breaker.
• Master battery on/off switches located under nav table.
• Sound insulation for engine compartment.
• 12V DC distribution panel mounted outboard in nav station.
• Overhead LED lighting in main cabin.
• Cabin lighting in the head area & aft cabins.
• LED bow and stern navigation lights.
• Bonding system for protection from lightning.
• Electric bilge pump.
• Primary winches: 40:1 power ratio, aluminium self-tailing configuration with 2-speeds, mounted on cockpit coamings.
• Secondary winches: 35:1 power ratio, aluminium self-tailing configuration with 2-speeds, mounted on aft end of coach roof on each side of companionway.
• Mainsheet purchase system with 6:1 coarse-tune terminating to centerline swivel cam base, and with 24:1 fine tune purchase.
• Mainsheet traveller track mounted to raised molding at cockpit floor with drainage below and with 4:1 control purchase system at each side of cockpit.
• Composite tiller with vertical articulating tiller head and universal telescoping tiller extension with handle grip. Stainless steering stops are built into the tiller bearing at the deck.
• Adjustable jib lead system with floating lead blocks, 8:1 inhauler system, and cockpit controls.
• Jib sheet turning blocks attached to padeyes on the side deck outboard of the cockpit to deflect jib sheet to the primary winches.
• Turning blocks for spinnaker sheets attached to padeyes & stern rail points.
• Fairleads and rope clutch for spinnaker tack line (on starboard side of coach roof).
• Clear anodized mast collar with lead block attachments for halyards and reef lines.
• Halyard organizer blocks on each side of seahood.
• Rope clutches for cabin top halyards, reef and mast control lines.
• OSR & ISO compliant lifeline system includes: twin SS bow pulpit rails with inboard support legs, SS lifeline stanchions with inboard support where required, double lifelines of 1 x 19 SS wire w/toggle termination at bow and lashing at stern rails and twin SS stern rails with triple lifelines of 1 x 19 SS wire across transom.
• Mooring cleats at bow and transom corners (4 total).
• Self-draining foredeck anchor locker with hinged deck cover and closing latch.
• Opening skylight hatch (500 x 500) for the head/storage/forepeak area.
• Flush opening ISO approved aft hatch located in the cockpit floor for quick access to under-deck steering system components.
• Custom SS chainplates for forestay, shrouds & backstay.
• SS handrails on coach roof.
• Sliding companionway hatch.
• Acrylic companionway washboard with integral vent and lock.
• Opening ports – one for each aft cabin. Option for additional cockpit opening ports.
• Large fixed acrylic portlights (2) for main salon area.
• Manual cockpit operated bilge pump with transom drain.
• Compass with internal light & plastic cover.
• Line organizer storage bags (2).
• Winch handle holders (2).
Spars & Rigging
• Tapered, fractional AG+ aluminum mast with black anodized finish includes two pairs of swept spreaders attached with through-bars. The mast is a keel stepped configuration with adjustable mast step. The mast section shape was developed specifically for the J/99 and includes a unique extruded track to accommodate standard luff car sliders or bolt rope on mainsail. Other features include standard tack reef hardware, boom and boom vang gooseneck fittings, long welded mast head crane with backstay termination, internal side shroud terminations, headstay attachment hardware, halyard sheaves. A watertight dam installed inside the mast tube with a drain hole located just above deck level. Steaming light wiring exits the mast above deck and leads through deck via watertight gland. Belowdeck mast includes tie-rod.
• Black anodized AG+ aluminum boom with internal 8:1 clew outhaul system to lead to cockpit, boom vang attachment, mainsheet block termination with sheaves for two reef lines and outhaul.
• Rigid boom vang with double ended 18:1 purchase to cam cleats on aft corners of coachroof.
• Dyform standing rigging with soft backstay.
• 48:1 cascade purchase system for backstay control.
• Fixed carbon fiber bowsprit painted black, with tack line padeye & underside bobstay attachment.
• Standard running rigging package to include 1 jib halyard, 1 main halyard, & 1 spinnaker halyard with snap shackle. Sheets included are 2 jib sheets, 2 spinnaker sheets, and coarse & fine sheets for mainsail. Control lines: traveller, tack line, 2 reef lines and backstay.
No Head stay furler
Carbon Fiber Fixed Bow Sprit:
The J/99 is the first J with a fixed carbon bowsprit. The sprit is easily removed by way of two bolts just aft of the stem, and is supported by a Dyneema bobstay to the bow. The primary benefits of a fixed bowsprit for offshore sailing are reduced weight in the bow and better protection against water intrusion.
• Bulkheads and furniture finished in white with wood trim & moldings in white gelcoat, for a clean appearance & low maintenance easy to clean surfaces.
• Wood effect durable laminate finish on cabin sole boards.
• Painted finish on interior hull surface with outboard storage bags in the main cabin.
• Natural light and ventilation from overhead hatch (500 x 500).
• Molded head module: Marine head connected to holding tank with flush through manual pump, storage bin to starboard.
• Open sail storage area forward.
• Access door to main cabin.
• Spacious cabin with standing headroom and natural light from 2 fixed acrylic deck ports.
• Main cabin table with fold-down sides. with cover
• Matching settee berths to port and starboard with cushions and backrests.
• 100L (26 gal.) flexible freshwater tank under aft starboard quarter berth.
• Storage compartment areas behind backrests and below the settee platform. Mesh storage bags on hull sides.
• Galley with “L” shape configuration including top opening insulated icebox, single-burner stove with gimbal, polished SS sink with overboard drain, pressurized freshwater system & faucet, dry goods storage outboard, and storage & trash locker below the sink & under the stove.
• Sit-down, forward-facing navigation chart table with lifting table lid, chart storage, instrument storage & mounting panel outboard, and nav gear storage shelves under the table. Additional storage opportunities are located outboard and under the seat.
• 2 Overhead stainless grab rails.
Twin double private quarter berth cabins, each equipped with cushion, reading light and storage vanity. Additional storage below berth.
• Access door to main cabin.
• Companionway with curved, molded treads. Hinge-up panel for access to the front of engine
Two Tone Deck
• Hull Bootstripe
• Opening Ports (4) in aft face of cabin house and cockpit
• DC Refrigeration
• Harken Carbo-Foil Jib system, No jib furler
Optimized running rigging
- B&G Triton-2 Autopilot Controler
- B&G NAC-3 Auto-pilot Core Pack,
- Precision-9 compass and RF-25 rudder feedback unit
- B&G DD15 Drive unit for sailboats
- Jeffa Tiller Lever
- Jeffa Dragline with tiller pin
- G10 Autopilot drive platform
- Vulcan 9 FS Display with C-Map
- GPS Antenna 10hz
- 3- Triton 20/20 Displays
- Mast bracket for 3-2020/displays
- Triton 2 Speed, Depth, Wired wind pack
- Triton Digital display
- V60 VHF Radio w/DSC & AIS Receiver
- H60 Wireless Hand set' f/V60
- Shakespeare 5216 VHF antenna
North Sails 2021
- Mainsail 3Di RAW 360 with Antel slidders
- Jib Light/Medium 3Di Raw 760
- Jib Medium/Heavy 3Di Raw 760
- A2 Asymmetrical Airx 650N Bain
- A3 Asymmetrical Airx 650N Bain
- Code Zero on continus Facnor Furler
VC Offshore bottom sanded
(Show to: Public)
- 2nd in class Jamestown Around Island 2021
- 2nd in class JYC summer series 2022
- 3rd in class Ida Lewis double-handed overnight 2022 - Ken Read was first
Joel Dionne Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by East Coast Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 32' (9.75 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 11' 2''
LWL: 28' 7''
Draft Max: 6' 6''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 13 Gallons (49.21 Liters)
Fresh Water: 29 Gallons (109.78 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 3350 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Volvo/Penta
- Engine Model: D1-20
- Engine Year: 2021
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.